Shun Lee

Shun Lee Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

We were in Lincoln Center, and wanted Chinese food.  We decided on Shun Lee.  Debated whether to go for the traditional restaurant or the dim sum café next door.  Settled on the more traditional restaurant.    Decided to go for the traditional restaurant.

We were not disappointed. The place is a bit pricey -- but that's understandable, considering the location. 

We ordered two dishes, duck with vegetables and "Ants on a Tree".  The "Ants" turned out to be  cellophane noodles with bits of spicy beef served over greens.  Spicy but not overpowering.  The duck was served sliced, with bok choy, carrots and baby corn -- very flavorful and not at all greasy. The brown rice that accompanied the dishes was perfectly cooked.

Service was uneven.  My water glass was never left empty, but I had to remind the waiter to bring me my tea, and my friend was never asked if she'd like another ginger ale.    And sadly, my fortune cookie was stale. 

I think next time we'll do the dim sum...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday