life in and around NYC is insane

Friday, September 5, 2014

This and that

So last night neither of my children was at home. Becca was with her boyfriend. Jen was with the guy she's been dating since a June but won't say he's her "boyfriend".

Jen is feeling a bit weird about working in the middle school, since (unlike the elementary school where she was last year), she used to be a student there. I understand, I was a student there, too, and walking in as a mom was a bit unsettling.

It's been crazy hot this week, the first heat wave of the summer, just as our thoughts are turning towards fall. It's supposed to cool down a bit next week.

TGIF. Looking forward to a quiet weekend, I have no plans except to hang out with Drew.

It's nice to know you've made an impression on someone. I spoke to an adjuster from an insurance company today who remembered me from my previous employment. I sort of remember him, too, but the last time we spoke was at least 3 years ago.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me