South of the Border

So tonight I had dinner with a good friend.  She suggested we meet at South of the Border.

It's a small, cosy Tex-Mex restaurant, a bit pricey for a neighborhood eatery but well worth the cost.  your meal begins with the typical chips and salsa.  Their version is a mild, smooth sauce.

The menu has the expected -- tacos, enchiladas, fajitas -- but also has a few different, interesting and delicious choices.

I ordered pollo a la margarita, a chicken cutlet in a rich sauce, with rice, black beans and a medley of vegetables. And did I mention there were four shrimp topping this dish?  Yummy!  Brought half of it home, of course.

I seldom order dessert, but when I heard they had flan . . .it turned out to be a light, airy custard, not overly sweet, topped with a smooth caramel sauce. I think it was garnished with Reddi-whip. I would have preferred real whipped cream, but I did enjoy the flan and would order it again.

My friend skipped dessert, preferring to walk up the block for ices from Ralph's.

Looking forward to a return visit, the entrees all look so interesting.

South of the Border on Urbanspoon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday