Jersey Boy!

Yes, that's Frankie Valli.

Saw him last night at Westbury Music Fair. 

I've wanted to see the real deal ever since we saw Jersey Boys on Broadway.

Great show, Frankie still has the charm and the voice to entertain a crowd.  One of the few to have top 40 hits in the 60's, the 70's and the 80's.  And he sang them all.

And I had to laugh when I realized that the current "Four Seasons", the young men singing backup, I don't think any of them had been born the last time Frankie hit the charts.  But they sing and they dance and they keep the show lively. 

Loved the opening act, an old-fashioned Borscht Belt comedian named Stewie Stone.  Definitely a PG-13 act, risque and not politically correct, but very funny!

The only damper on the evening was the group sitting behind us.  Very drunk and more than a bit unruly.  At one point Frankie was alone on the stage giving a quiet, heartfelt speech, but the folks in our section barely heard it because of those idiots. I really expected better from a mature audience.  Especially in an intimate setting like Westbury.  I know Frankie heard the commotion.

Overall, though, it was another wonderful evening of music and comedy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday