aging parents and bratty sisters

My father is not in a good place right now.  His vision is going and he's having cognitive issues.

And my sisters, who are taking care of him, are completely stressed out.

And apparently I am a terrible horrible person who doesn't care about my father or anyone in the house.

Sorry, sisters mine, but you opted to feed at the parental trough for 45 years, it's payback time.  I've been working my butt off since I graduated from law school to make a life for myself and for my children.  So hell, yeah, when the weekend comes, I'm going out.  Our parents are paying your bills, but they're not paying mine, so I'm going to enjoy the fruits of my labor.  I earned it. 

And I learned, several years ago, that life is very short indeed, and I can't wait until "someday" to enjoy it."

It's not your place to decide who lives in YOUR PARENTS' HOUSE. 

And I really don't give a damn that you haven't gone to the theater since May.  We used to all go to the theater together.  The first time you bought 4 tickets, instead of 5, and planned to take my kids to the theater without me and without asking me...if neither of you ever sets foot in a theater again ...  karma's a bitch.

Yeah, I'm sorry I lost my temper yesterday.  You hit my hot button.  I'm sorry daddy got upset and I'm sorry I involved Jen.  But I'm not sorry you're upset.  You need to grow up.  You've done exactly as you please for most of your life, your parents have taken care of you all this time.  It's hard to be a grownup, I know.  And it's especially hard to become a grownup at 45.

But you reap what you sow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday