Feeling a little nostalgic tonight. I'n home alone with my two daughters, and we ordered dinner from Panera tonight. When the girls were in high school we did a lot of takeout from Panera. In fact, when Jen was admitted to URI, one of the "selling points" (to her, anyhow) was the existence of a Panera in Wakefield. And Becca was disappointed at the lack of a Panera near her school. Well, tonight we indulged again. Jen ordered the chicken caesar sandwich, prepared without onion or tomato (her special request). Becca chose from the "pick two" menu -- a small cup of soup ( she loves broccoli cheddar) and a half sandwich (bacon turkey bravo -- turkey, bacon and gouda cheese, and she asks for country white instead of the usual tomato bread). I decided to try something I never had before -- a Cuban sandwich from the panini menu. Ham, chicken, swiss, pickles, chipotle mayo . . .yum. Just enough spice to give it a kick but not overwhelming. And the best part? They have fantastic lemonade.
life in and around NYC is insane
- ► 2016 (153)
- ► 2015 (395)
- ► 2014 (359)
- ► 2013 (243)
- Peace, love and crabs
- Long Island, Land of 1,000 Cheeseburgers
- It's "brag on my children" day
- LOL moment at the Renaissance Faire
- Renaissance Faire Washing Well Wenches
- Renaissance Faire Dead Bob
- Hey Nunnie Nunnie
- Renaissance Faire- the Living Chess Game
- Renaissance Faire-the Queen signs a peace treaty
- Renaissance Faire - Stewart and Arnold and Hey Nun...
- Renaissance Faire - The Queen's Arrival
- Ruby Tuesday
- And now for something a bit different
- Greetings, golf fans
- The idea was better than the execution
- Candy Girl, Jersey Boys and Stardust
- Columbia Presbyterian
- Mets baseball
- Another baseball weekend
- The last plane out of Saigon? No, it's the NYC su...
- The Dark and Scary Place
- OMG OMG OMG
- Aly Raisman!
- As if my commute wasn't interesting enough. . .
- The Mayor at War
- Pastrami and fuzzy ears
- It's a little thing, but . . .
- ▼ August (32)
- ► 2011 (269)
- ► 2010 (367)
- ► 2009 (296)