Greetings, golf fans

I don't play golf, I don't watch others play golf, I know very little about golf.

I  do know a little something about Bethpage Black.

It's one of several golf courses located in Bethpage State Park.    It's been the site of the US Open twice.  And this week it was the site of a PGA event.

What does this have to do with me?

There's no real parking facility at the state park.  So fans are being encouraged to take the LIRR to Farmingdale for shuttle bus service to the event.  The station has been decorated with red, white and blue banners all week.

My train goes through Farmingdale.  I actually had golf fans on my train the other morning.    And tonight on my way home I saw all the fans on the platform waiting for the train to the city.

And I saw the blimp landing at Republic Airport.

A little excitement in an otherwise boring commute.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday