The Susan G. Komen fiasco

I generally don't comment about politics in this blog.  In real life, and on many internet sites -message boards, Facebook - I wear my political heart on my sleeve.  But here?  I focus on other matters.

Today I cannot remain silent.

I must agree with Christina, who wrote an excellent blog post on the subject.

Yes, I was one of those  people . . .posting news articles on Facebook, signing petitions, donating money to Planned Parenthood.

SGK committed two sins.  First, in "defunding" PP.  And second, when they knew they were going to take this step, they didn't take control of the media or even try to put a positive, apolitical spin on their actions.

Of course they had to backpedal.  They "re-branded" their organization to give negative, controversial vibes whenever SGK is mentioned.  They got so far off message that it will be hard for them to recover.

And PP actually benefitted from all of this, monetarily and via publicity.

Not to mention, the poor and indigent population served by PP.

The power of the people cannot be ignored.

The power of social media cannot be underestimated.

I am seeing a glimmer of hope for our future.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday