Kugel!

 

kugel

noun

ku·​gel ˈkü-gəl 
a baked pudding (as of potatoes or noodles) usually served as a side dish


Anyone want a piece of potato kugel?  I’ve got a ton of leftovers…

No, I didn’t make it from scratch …

I bought potato kugel mix a few weeks before Passover. It’s very simple, you follow the directions on the box — add eggs and oil to the prepackaged mix, pour the batter into the included foil pan, and bake. Easy.

Except that I forgot that I purchased the mix. So when I went shopping again and the supermarket had run out of kugel mix, I realized I could make a kugel from potato pancake mix. Add eggs, oil, seasonings, pour it into a pan (I bought a disposable foil pan), and bake.  Almost as easy as the kugel mix.

So I made both.  And to be honest I prefer the one I made from pancake mix.  It tasted closer to scratch.


Comments

  1. You can never have too much kugel. (I'm assuming. I've never tried it, but I assume it's delicious.)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday