C is for Cat

 


  • "Time spent with cats is never wasted." –Sigmund Freud
  • "What greater gift than the love of a cat." –Charles Dickens

Look what the cat dragged in.

Cats always land on their feet.

Cats have 9 lives.

In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Cats choose us, we don't own them.


And yes, I am a cat mom.  If you’ve seen my weekly “Feline Friday” posts you already knew that. 

There are currently two cats in my life. 

Duchess is 10 years old.  Drew adopted her from an animal shelter when she was a kitten, and she is most definitely his cat.  She is aptly named, she rules over her kingdom from her favorite chair throne. She is quite elegant. And she can be a bit …well …er, grumpy at times.





Moon Shadow is my cat.  She’s just over a year old.  A friend of a friend adopted a pregnant cat, and I was fortunate to get one of the kittens.  I asked for a cat with personality, and my wish was granted.  And then some.  








  Drew and I moved in together last summer, and we’ve had to teach the two felines to live together.  Duchess was used to being an only cat, so dealing with a pesky little sister has been stressful at times.  But for the most part they get along.






But I still like this video …


Comments

  1. Here's another worthy cat quote: “’I meant,’ said Ipslore bitterly, ‘what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?’ Death thought about it. ‘Cats,’ he said eventually. ‘Cats are nice’.” - Terry Pratchett

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jamie (jannghi.blogspot.com): I love cats.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I grew up in NYC Housing Authority public housing, and we weren't permitted to own cats (or dogs), so I had to enjoy cats secondhand. One of my aunts had two cats, a grey and a black and white. The grey ignored me. The black and white cat and I enjoyed each other's company. My best friend was also a cat owner. I loved being a cat aunt or niece, but I've never had the urge to own one. My loss, perhaps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cats are cute and cuddly and absolutely annoying at the same time. Sometimes it’s better to just enjoy the company of someone else’s cats.

      Delete
  4. They put up with each other about like my two do! Tolerate, but no cuddling in the same bed. My two showed up, I've never had to "get" a cat since I've been an adult. I did once, my daughter wanted one. It didn't like her much, preferring my son! He's a real cat magnet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a cat mom, too. Duchess and Moon Shadow are cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They get along? I know, you're working with a sliding scale.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Don't forget what Hemingway said: One cat just leads to another. I know that's true....

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am glad Duchess and Moon Shadow at least tolerate each other now.

    I don't have a cat (can't have pets here at the care home), but my spouse does. Can't say I'm a cat Mom, at least not to that cat, as when I still lived with my spouse, the cat stressed me out quite a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cats truly are royalty. Just ask any cat and they will let you know. Bitty Kitty is now 12 years old and she lets me know daily that she rules the roost. Your cats will settle eventually and before you know it they will be cuddled up in the same chair.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday