Y is for Yeti

 No, not the coffee thermos (though I do like mine).

The Yeti is often described as being a large, bipedal ape-like creature that is covered with brown, grey, or white hair, and it is sometimes depicted as having large, sharp teeth. A creature of folklore, it is said to inhabit the Himalayas. Explorers and mountaineers claim to have found footprints, and some even claim to have seen the beast.  

Also called the Abominable Snowman, it has appeared in numerous movies and TV specials. But I think my favorite Yeti is at Walt Disney World,

Let’s take a ride on Expedition Everest.  But don’t let the Yeti get you.


Comments

  1. When I read Disney I thought of cartoons, and thought of the Yeti in Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer. That's wasn't Disney though. We have Yeti here, but he's called Big Foot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the only way I ever want to ride a roller coaster.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a wild ride, especially where it looks like the track is broken and then the ride goes backyards and there's the Yeti.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the ones in the Rise of the Guardians movie who run Santa's workshop.

    Ronel visiting for Y: My Languishing TBR: Y
    Cursed Werewolves

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday