P is for Panda

 Did you know that a group of pandas is called a “embarrassment”?


Way back in 2009, I visited Washington, DC, including the National Zoo.  This is what I wrote:

the National Zoo...well, I'm a New Yorker, I'm spoiled by the Bronx zoo....but we had a good time. got to see the pandas -- one was awake and gave us quite a show by eating bamboo and walking around his cage … 

The pandas were on loan from China.  Sadly, they have returned to their homeland,

I had the opportunity to take a few photos of the pandas.





 
 

 I just loved the statue near their enclosure.



They are wonderful creatures, and I hope to be able to see them again.  


Comments

  1. Didn't China lend another zoo some pandas again? I seem to recall hearing something like that, just after those pandas went back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never got to see them. We visited the San Diego Zoo in 1996 right before they put pandas on display. My understanding, though, is that that same zoo is negotiating to have pandas sent there once again. So maybe there is hope for the National Zoo, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice! I've never had a chance to see a panda.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday