Bobb Howard’s General Store

 I’ve written about this place in 2018,   2019  20202021 and 2022.  Bobb Howard’s General Store sells retro candy and toys.  We made our annual pilgrimage yesterday.





  



I always buy retro candy, things I can’t find elsewhere.  And I’m a member of their birthday club, so they always give me a small toy in February. This year’s toy is a tie dyed yo-yo.


My haul



The Reggie bar was a surprise.  Those were popular in the late 1970’s, when Reggie Jackson played for the Yankees.  The store owner told me he had just received a shipment, couldn’t wait for people to find out he’s got this candy.

The Cracker Jack made me laugh, because John waxed nostalgic about Cracker Jack  just last week,


In the pre-COVID world, the store would have a “free egg cream” day every February.  I’m hoping they bring it back some day.  Sure, I could probably make an egg cream at home (it’s just milk, Fox’s Ubet syrup and seltzer), but it’s really not the same …


In the meantime I’m enjoying my Sugar Babies and Bit o’Honey.

More photos from previous visits here.


Comments

  1. I suppose if you went more often, it wouldn't be as special. You got quite the haul.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, that is just too cool! Mmmmm JUNK FOOD! I think that's what they call it. hahahaha Thanks for the hello and the info! Hugs, Dolly

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday