A tree grows on Long Island — not

 You know what they say about “March winds”.  They’re not kidding.  We had a real nor’easter around here.  The wind was howling for two days.

So I work from home.  Yesterday, shortly after 9 AM … I was signed onto my laptop and engaged in some serious work when the power went out.

Turns out a tree fell on a power line.

No electricity?  Well, the laptop has a battery.

But no electricity means no power to the internet router; oh, ok, I can use my cell phone as a hotspot.

But no electricity also means the boiler isn’t working … so no heat.

Can’t type if my fingers are turning blue.

Packed everything up and headed over to Drew’s house.


Comments

  1. Brrrr. Sorry about that. Why does the power go out at the worst times?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice you had a back-up plan/person! My heating is electric too, and I can't imagine how cold it would be on some of the cold days we've had this winter.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday