Music Monday

 And it's a "your choice" week.


Well, for some reason my mind is wandering towards the Caribbean these days...so how about some Jimmy Buffett?


Bet you didn't know I was a Parrothead ... unless you've been reading this blog for awhile.  

My first Buffett concert was at Madison Square Garden.





But most of the time we've seen Buffett at Jones Beach, an open air venue.


Great  venue, isn’t it?








We've even seen Buffett on Broadway,  Saw Escape to Margaritaville twice, and the second time Buffett showed up to sing with the cast.





Let's kick off our shoes, grab a cool drink, dig our toes in the sand and change our attitude...



Where will we go when the volcano blows?



Phins up!




Time to hula



Let's have some cheeseburgers!



And his signature song...



I'm going to have to play that one again, it's so much better as an audience participation piece...



We've got tickets to see the show in August...assuming it's a "go"...








Comments

  1. Robin,

    What a fun way to escape this Monday with a bit of sandy and spray! It's pretty warm today here so getting misted by the ocean would feel pretty good. Great mini-concern beach-side right from my computer chair! Have a boogietastic week and thanks for joining the 4M dance party, my friend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, this is wonderful. We saw Jimmy Buffet once too! We saw him at Islands of Adventure in Florida and we had an absolute great time. I have never been to a place like that before. We had soooooooooo much fun, and Jimmy Buffet is definitely the bomb. Thanks for your tunes girlfriend... GREAT JOB!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is amazing that Jimmy Buffett has made a remarkably successful career out of an ongoing beach party. T-shirts, surf trunks, and flip flops have made him a household name. Great playlist.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh by the way, Islands of Adventure and the otherside is Universal Studios where we saw Jimmy Buffet's "Margaritaville" & it was crowded as hell & he showed up, walked around say hello to everyone and then did a song or two. All I remember was a I had great time and their margarita's were the bomb! hahaha We'll have to go there some time! Well, it would be nice wouldn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had several meals in Margaritaville at Universal, but Jimmy never showed up while I was there. Fun place, though.

      Delete
  5. Very nice. As I get older I like his music more and more. Thanks for sharing him.

    ReplyDelete
  6. He music is full of life and fun
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  7. I feel happy, Songbirdie. These songs, especially the first one raised up our energy level to the highest. Pawkisses for a Happy Day🐾😽💞

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jimmy Buffet. I would love to go to one of his concerts but the funny thing is, I don't listen to his music. It's the kind of music that (for me) needs to be played outdoors, with crowds all around. And I don't go to many concerts, so I just contradicted myself, I guess. Maybe, post-COVID, I'll find a concert. I'm tagging one of my Parrothead Facebook friends with your post, because I enjoyed your mini-concert, and I know she will enjoy, too! Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday