Wednesday Hodgepodge

1. What's something you 'may' do this month? 

I 'may' chuck it all and run away to Tahiti...but that's not likely.

I 'may' actually go to a real baseball game.  A minor league game, which can be a lot of fun.

2. Last time you literally or figuratively shouted mayday!

Yesterday.  

I got an email from the Human Resources Director advising me that someone used my identity to fraudulently apply for Unemployment Insurance benefits. The fraud was discovered when the Department of Labor contacted my employer to verify my employment history.  

So...I had to: (1) report the fraud to the Department of Labor; (2) prepare a letter for my employer stating that I had not applied for benefits, and have that letter notarized; and (3) call the company that provides me with identity theft protections.

None of it was particularly complicated --- the worst of it was driving over to the local UPS office to have my document notarized --- but I am angry that I had to do any of it!

Early in my career I handled a lot of fraud and dishonesty claims, so nothing surprises me.  But it still gets me very angry.

3. Let the chips fall where they may, come what maymaybe, Cape Maymayflies, devil may care, you may now kiss the bride,  much to our dismaymayhem, mayonnaise...choose a 'may' word or phrase from the list and tell us how it relates to your life in some way right now. 

Mayhem -- see answer to #2, above.



4. If someone were serving you breakfast in bed this weekend, what would you like to see on the menu?

Waffles with whipped cream and fresh strawberries.

5. Tell me one true thing you believe about motherhood. 

It's not for the timid or faint of heart. I raised two girls, 'nuff said.





6. Insert your own random thought here. 

I wish I could find it...it's got to be here somewhere...a photo from Mother's Day 1991.  I was holding my older daughter Jen, age six months.  My mother and maternal grandmother were also in the photo.  Four generations...






Comments

  1. Oh no! Hate you had to go through all that mess to prove you didn't apply...gosh though, nothing surprises me much anymore. Glad you got it all straighten out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh boy about your Mayday in #2. That is very maddening. Hope you have a nice Mother's Day weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry about the identity theft. What a pain to deal with. At least it was caught early. I hope.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Blogging from A to Z — we start with the letter A