Saturday 9

 

So Emotional

Welcome to Saturday 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!

Saturday 9: So Emotional (1987)

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.


1) Whitney sings that she keeps her lover's photo beside her bed. What's on your bedside table?

His cell phone, my phone and the alarm clock.

2) She's getting frustrated, waiting for the phone to ring. If your phone were to ring right now, who would you expect to be on the other end?



3) The video was filmed at Stabler Arena in Bethlehem, PA. It seats 6,200. As the nation reopens from Covid19, would you feel comfortable sitting knee-to-knee with a stranger in an arena like this?

No chance to find out, all live concerts have been postponed.

4) This week's featured artist, Whitney Houston, appeared on the daytime drama As The World Turns. She played herself, performing with Jermaine Jackson at the Miss Cinderella contest in the fictional town of Oakdale. Have you ever been hooked on a soap opera?




5) Whitney had a sweet tooth, and her favorite breakfast cereal was Fruity Pebbles. Do you often eat cereal for lunch or dinner?

I like sweet cereal as a snack, but I don't eat cereal for lunch or dinner.

6) At Whitney's wedding to Bobby Brown, her bridesmaids all wore lavender dresses and the groomsmen had custom made alligator shoes. Have you ever "stood up" for a friend or relative? If so, do you remember what you wore?

Believe it or not I have never been a bridesmaid. My bridesmaids wore lavender.


7) In 1987, the year this song was popular, Cher won the Oscar for Moonstruck. Her most famous line was, "Snap out of it!" When you think of Cher, do you first think of her movies, her TV show, or her music?

The show, with those incredible Bob Mackey gowns.

8) Michael Douglas won the Oscar that year for Wall Street. His most famous line was, "Greed is good." His character goes on to say that, "Greed in all its forms -- greed for life, for money, for love, for knowledge -- has marked the upward surge of all mankind." Do you agree?

Not entirely.  Greed suggests selfishness.  But intense need drives so many of us to strive for more.

9) Random question: When you woke up this morning, were you ready to get out of bed? Or do you wish you could have snoozed for a bit longer?

I'm writing this on Friday.  I would have liked to sleep a bit longer, but my computer was calling...I'm getting slammed at work.


Update.  I was never a bridesmaid.  But I was a flower girl in two weddings (my mom’s sisters’ ) and a “junior bridesmaid” at my aunt’s second wedding because I was too old to be a flower girl.  I don’t remember what I wore.




Comments

  1. I loved seeing Victoria Winters at the beginning of that Dark Shadows clip! She was Alexandra Isles then. As Alexandra Moltke, she had a supporting role in a real-life soap opera: The Von Bulow trial. I saw her on the news and thought, "Victoria! You should have stayed in Collinwood!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too bad there isn't a way to play the Spam song back to the caller when the caller ID detects spam.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your take on #8. Well said.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great answer for #8! My mom likes to watch Bob Mackey on HSN channel...or whatever shopping channel he is on, I think she has bought some of his clothes. Loved your answers. Have a nice weekend.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Songbird

    I’m Bud (you probably know me) and I launched both Saturday 9 & Sunday Stealing. I’m starting a new one and like you to join us for our premier week fir Monday Madness. (http://mmwithjudd.blogspot.com) this week. We will not ask stupid (What are you wearing?) or yes or no ones. It will be 10 questions every week. I’m pleased to let you know that I am partnering with The Queen of Memes, Mimi Lenox on this blog. That’s it. Stay safe & health & healthy.

    Bud

    ReplyDelete
  6. My sister hogged the TV for Dark Shadows and said I was too young to watch it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved Dark Shadows. Not sure it holds up well today, but I thought it was fantastic when it was on.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I totally forgot being in a wedding when I was little... green satin dress and shoes... spam!

    ReplyDelete
  9. If my phone were to ring right now, I'd be spooked as I have it on silent. I keep it on silent when I'm at work. (Yes, I'm being bad and reading blogs at work. I've got a few minutes before 1st period. . .)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Blogging from A to Z — we start with the letter A