Music Monday

And it's a "your choice" week.

So let's have some fun today.  I really need to laugh.

Steve Martin always makes me laugh.




John Denver had a wicked sense of humor







Mac Davis found it hard to be humble





A classic from Ray Stevens





Of course I had to add some Harry Chapin





That story got wilder every time he told it.

And let's end with some Monty Python.  Great advice:




I really needed humor today.  I have been crying since Friday night.  We lost a giant.  May her memory remain for a blessing.





Baruch dayan emet: Blessed be the one true Judge.

According to Jewish tradition, a person who dies on Rosh Hashanah is a tzaddik, a person of great righteousness," Ruth Franklin, author and literary critic, tweeted soon after the news of Ginsburg's death broke. 

NPR reporter Nina Totenberg explained the tradition on Twitter: "A Jewish teaching says those who die just before the Jewish new year are the ones God has held back until the last moment because they were needed most and were the most righteous."


May her memory remain for a blessing.  


A tribute ...a traditional psalm, set to the tune of Leonard Cohen’s “Hallelujah “.








Comments

  1. Oh my gosh, too too funny! Steve Martin hahaha great way to start! Loved King Tut! They're all quite funny... but I remember "Oh Lord, it's hard to be humble" I use to sing it to the kids to make them laugh. Haven't heard that one in years. hahahaha Now I'm sorry, but I never heard 30,000 lbs by Harry Chapin.. but funny just the same! Good one! Monty Python OMG TOO FUNNY I totally have to admit, and you've been crying since Friday? Your tribute for Ruth Franklin was very pretty. God rest her soul. Amen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed. I needed to laugh, I am devastated by the death of RBG; she paved the way for me and for so many other women attorneys.

      Delete
  2. I haven't heard King Tut in like forever. So very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Robin,

    Laughter doth the soul good. You picked some excellent ones. Steve Martin's "King Tut" to Ray Stevens' "The Streak" with all the in-between picks to bring a bit of sunshine in my life.

    May RBG be at peace and may your heart find comfort soon. Blessings to you, dear friend. {{hugs}}

    ReplyDelete
  4. We loved to see the other side of some great singers, Songbird, very funny. So sorry for the loss. Fly free beautiful Soul😸Pawkisses for a Happy Weekend🐾😽💞

    ReplyDelete
  5. King Tut is such a classic, and 30,000 lb of Bananas is true even if a tad tragic. And I think you know it's actually based on a true story of something that happened about an hour from where I live. John Denver - that pair, especially "Saturday Night in Toledo", allowed me to see a side of John I had never seen. And Eric Idle - what can you say? All of Monty Python's stuff gets better with age. I'm having some trouble seeing the sunny side of life myself, right now. Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday