another this and that

So glad for the change in the weather...it was unseasonably cold on Friday, but by Sunday it's now warm, wet, and springlike. I'm much happier.

Drew and I were in the city last night.  We had tickets to see The Monkees Present: The Mike and Micky Show at the Beacon. Mike Nesmith and Micky Dolenz are touring together.  Great show, especially the tribute to Peter Tork -- a video of Peter singing an old Mills Brothers song.

Before the show we grabbed a couple of hamburgers at a local diner, a little hole-in-the-wall completely devoid of atmosphere, but where the owner seems to know most of the clientele as repeat customers from the neighborhood.

We had friends who also saw the show last night: L, his wife E and their son J.  We knew they had tickets, but they were seated in a different part of the theater than we were.  We found them before the show  and had a nice chat, but didn't make plans to see them afterwards.

But then...Drew and I got onto a Long Island Railroad train to head back home, and guess who was sitting in the seats behind ours?  Weird coincidence. 

Despite the rain, we went out to breakfast this morning.  One of our favorite breakfast spots, Thomas's Ham & Eggery.  Drew had an omelette served in a skillet with home fries.  I had pecan bourbon French toast.

We have been enjoying far too many restaurant meals lately. I've loved every bite, but the clothes are starting to feel snug.  After we get back from vacation, I"m going to have to seriously focus on healthy eating again.

We leave for Florida in less than 2 weeks.  I am so excited for our "spring break" trip to Disney.  Most of the plans are made -- you have to really plan a WDW trip these days -- so now we just have to count down to the fun.

It's been far too long since i"ve had a vacatgion, and I am really looking forward to it.


Comments

  1. Enjoy your upcoming vacation. Yes, eating out a lot can do that- with a weight watching app I've learned just how bad even a "healthy" restaurant meal can be. Too bad! I wish I was in Florida today After a "balmy" 47 degrees with sun yesterday, woke up to what I thought was snow but quickly found was a nice slippery accumulation of sleet. It's in the 40's and, as of 4:30pm it still hasn't fully melted. Can't wait for spring. Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, vacation. I hope yours is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday