another this and that

"March comes in like a lion and goes out like a lamb."

Well, if the first few days of March have been any indication ...we've had snow and unseasonably cold temperatures...I am so looking forward to spring. 

Drew is still reeling from the news about David.  When you lose a friend to illness, it's terribly sad.  When you lose a friend to senseless violence, it's overwhelming. 

At least David's murder is solved, law enforcement caught the people who committed this horrific crime.   Some murders remain unsolved.

Years ago, I went to the wedding of a friend and coworker, and met her family.  Soon after, I left that job, and my friend and I drifted apart.  Almost ten years later, my friend's father was brutally murdered, shot on a NYC sidewalk. The murder was over 20 years ago, and it's never been solved;  cold case detectives recently started looking at the case again.  I cannot imagine the pain that family must feel. 

On to happier thoughts....

Vacation in 17 days.  Yes, 17 days from now,  Drew and I will be on a plane, headed to Florida.  We really need this vacation.  All the necessary plans have been made, we just have to pack our bags and go. 

In the meantime, I'm wondering if my crocuses will bloom soon.  I'm not much of a gardener, but several years ago I planted the crocuses, along with some tulips and daffodils, in an area of the back yard that I cannot see from the house.  The tulips and daffodils have long since died, but last March I happened to be in the yard and noticed that the long-forgotten crocuses had bloomed. 


Weren't they pretty? 

I hope they come back this year. 

Comments

  1. Yes, they are very pretty. Fingers crossed.

    A solved murder is better, but the pain is from the loss more than anything. Sad stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Losing someone suddenly is bad enough, but losing them suddenly to violence is just horrible.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday