Music Monday -- artists born in March

So for this week's blog hop, we're asked to focus on artists who were born in March. 

I've narrowed it down to four artists whom I've seen in concert. 


Let's start with Neil Sedaka.  He had a string of hits in the late 1950's, then went behind the scenes to write songs for others, until  the resurgence of his performing career in the mid 1970's.  I saw him at Westbury Music Fair in 2012, and he was fantastic.



I saw Bon Jovi at MetLife Stadium in 2010, the year the new stadium opened.The Bon Jovi concert was the first to be held in the new stadium. There's so much good music from the band, and from Jon's solo career.  Here's something a bit different.





Then there's Mark Lindsay.  Former front man for Paul Revere and the Raiders, he also had several hits as a solo artist.  I've seen him several times at Westbury Music Fair as part of the annual Happy Together Tour. 





Yes, that's Peter Noone (Herman's Hermits)  and Micky Dolenz (The Monkees)  singing backup. 

And here's a duet with Lindsay and Dolenz, a song each of them recorded in the 60's (the Raiders did it first, but the Monkees had the hit):



And you know what?  Micky Dolenz has a birthday in March, too.  March 8, to  be precise.

I've seen him perform more times than I can count.

Here's video I took  at a concert at Town Hall, NYC, in 2015.  Clearly not professional quality, but...




And from Westbury Music Fair in 2013:



A photo from The Monkees Present: The Mike and Micky Show at the Beacon, NYC, March 9, 2019. We were too far back to get good photos or video.  But we did get to sing "Happy Birthday" to Micky.



Comments

  1. That was quite a coup, finding Micky singing backup with Mark Lindsay. And "Goin' down" is a great song. I skipped Neil Sedaka, for whatever reason, and I kind of wished I hadn't (but you can't do them all, although I certainly tried...) Great set!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cool way to tie in the theme. Love how you have seen all of these people in concert.

    ReplyDelete
  3. John, I actually saw Lindsay and Dolenz perform that duet on one of the Happy Together tours, so I was looking for a video from that tour.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love The Monkees. Not sure why I overlooked Dolenz. This was a great post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great tune list! We chose some of the same artists, but different tunes. Wow, I missed Neil Sedaka! Bon Jovi did a great job on his Hallelujah! Lindsay and Dolenz was a hoot and they certainly haven't lost it! Their performance was fun! Then the regular Monkees cool! They played the "Arcada" Theater by me in St. Charles, IL I didn't get a chance because the time they were here last I just got out of the hospital from back surgery. Anyway great line up my friend have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am not the greatest concert goer so I didn't even think of personal videos - you rocked this! I love how you incorporated your own footage. And, I never would have imagined Bon Jovi and Hallelujah. I've seen Herman's Hermits in concert twice - they seem to have become a Senior Day fixture the last few years at the NYS Fair. Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't think I've ever heard a bad version of "Hallelujah." I couldn't believe JVJ did it too and nailed it. Cool video of the Monkees. It's strange to see Mark Lindsay w/o the Raiders get up. We must live in the same area since I've been to all those venues except Westbury.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Songbird,

    WOW, you pulled out a few birthday boys that somehow I don't recall seeing in my search and I did look through quite a few before settling on Wilson Pickett for my sole tribute artist. This was fun and full of good energy. Thanks for the dance and have a boogietastic week, my friend!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday