Sad

We don’t really know celebrities.  We only know their public persona.  But if their work brings us joy, we form an emotional bond.

Alex Trebek as been a guest in my home five nights a week for the last 35 years.  I’ve watched him banter with the audience, read clues, interview contestants. I’ve watched his hair go gray and his famed mustache disappear.

He’s an old friend.

So yesterday, when he posted a video on the Jeopardy! website ...

Cancer sucks.

My thoughts and prayers are with you, Alex, as you fight this horrid disease.

Comments

  1. I think all of us who have been a fan of the show for years (I go all the way back to the Art Fleming days) are feeling the shock from yesterday's announcement. Alex Trebek isn't just a game show host, he's like part of the family. I'm sure that, when the time comes, a suitable replacement will be found, but he or she won't be Alex.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I was caring for my dying friend, Candy, we watched Jeopardy each night. Her favorite show. I'm glad she is not here to hear this news. She was in such pain and it would have truly saddened her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was so saddened to hear of this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was in the studio audience in one of the Art Fleming shows. But Alex Trebek is almost like an old family friend. I've watched the show since 1986 (before then, I wasn't able to pick up the station he was on where I lived in rural Arkansas). Having had three relatives die from this particular cancer, I know how deadly it is and my heart just sank when I heard his video. I am heartbroken. Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday