Saturday 9
Everybody Loves a Clown
Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love to answer the questions, however, and here is today's questions!
Saturday 9: Everybody Loves a Clown (1965)
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
1) Not everyone loves clowns. "Coulrophobia" is the irrational fear of clowns. Do you have any fears or phobias?
No phobias but normal fears — bugs, vicious animals, etc.
2) This week's featured artist, Gary Lewis, sings that he jokes a lot at parties. In social settings, are you more a talker or a listener?
Depends on who I’m with.
3) He's dreaming of a special girl. Do you often daydream?
Occasionally
4) Gary named his band The Playboys because they were always late to rehearsals and Gary joked that they would rather play than work. Do you tend to be early, late, or exactly on time?
I try to be early.
5) Gary Lewis had first-hand knowledge of clowns. His father was famous funny man Jerry Lewis. Who always makes you laugh?
Drew is a Jerry Lewis fan. We saw his one man show in 2013.
I always liked Robin Williams. And Billy Crystal.
6) In 2017, Gary was in the news when it became known that Jerry disinherited all six of his sons from his will. Have you ever attended the reading of a will?
Um … I’ve actually written a few wills …
7) This past summer found Gary Lewis on The My Generation Tour, performing with other acts from the mid-1960s, like The Lovin' Spoonful, The Hollies, and Mitch Ryder and the Detroit Wheels. Do you enjoy listening to "the oldies?"
We actually saw Gary Lewis in 2013, part of the Happy Together Tour which was organized by the Turtles. We’ve got tickets to see Peter Noone of Herman’s Hermits. And do I need to say anything about the Monkees?
8) In 1965, when this song was popular, Muhammad Ali defeated Sonny Liston to become the heavyweight champion of the world. Have you ever attended a boxing match?
No
9) Random question: What color is your toothbrush?
Pink
Thanks so much for joining us again at Saturday: 9. As always, feel free to come back, see who has participated and comment on their posts. In fact sometimes, if you want to read & comment on everyone's responses, you might want to check back again tomorrow. But it is not a rule. We haven’t any rules here. Join us on next Saturday for another version of Saturday: 9, "Just A Silly Meme on a Saturday!" Enjoy your weekend!


I did not know that Jerry Lewis disinherited his sons. Though, I think I can understand why. (Nothing against his kids.)
ReplyDeleteOh my...Robin Williams was great. Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend.
ReplyDeletehttps://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/
Robin Williams - that was such a loss when he died.
ReplyDeleteSo when you write the will, are you required to be there when it's read? That's how it goes in old movies. The only wills I was ever involved in, I just got a notice from the estate. There was no formal get together. It must be intense to be reading it and have everyone looking at you, anticipating what you're about to say. Do the family and friends ever argue with you after you're done reading it?
ReplyDeleteTruth is, no one “reads” a will like in the movies. The will gets filed in probate court (usually by the person designated as executor) and then the attorney for the executor sends the court documents to the heirs and beneficiaries.
DeleteAnd the attorney who drafted the will isn’t necessarily involved unless he/she also represents the executor sends. Though if there’s a question about the will’s authenticity the drafter may have to provide an affidavit or testimony.
DeleteLiving in Northern Maine there are so few entertainment opportunities--I love when you mention shows.
ReplyDeleteI know I’m fortunate to have these opportunities
DeleteDid you enjoy Jerry's one man show? I always liked his movies, but was kind of hit or miss on him otherwise. Just wondering how the show was.
ReplyDeleteIt was interesting. Part humor, part reminiscing. Sort of like what he did on the telethon every year.
Delete