Ramblings


That orange cat seems to think my front yard belongs to him.  I saw him on the Ring again, strutting across my lawn and driveway.  He lives across the street, but clearly he likes to wander.




Drew finally saw the cat yesterday.  He was hiding under Drew’s car …popped out and startled him. Drew joked “I wasn’t sure whether I was seeing a big cat or a small puma.”

The tuxedo cat that lives next door to the orange cat tends to stay on his own front lawn.  I haven’t seen any other cats strolling through the neighborhood.

But the Ring shows me everyone who walks a dog past my house.  There are a lot of dogs in this neighborhood.  I love dogs. A small dog would be nice, but I don’t think the cats would appreciate…and I’m not in the mood to walk a dog in bad weather 

I’ve mentioned that we are apparently under a flight path, I can hear planes overhead.  Well, we are also under a different sort of flight path … a skein of Canada geese flew overhead yesterday.  I didn’t see them, but I heard every honk as they passed overhead.

I’m really loving this new house.  Rosh Hashanah is next week, and we’ll be hosting both nights.   I’m planning the menu now.  Chicken soup, gefilte fish … I placed an order for gluten-free challah and desserts …it’s exciting.

And after the Jewish holidays … spooky season.  Drew already bought our Halloween candy. We bought stuff that we like because we don’t know whether we will get a lot of trick-or-treaters. Last year was a disappointment.  I guess it’s because we don’t have young kids because I saw kids walking through the neighborhood.

And of course I’ll be decorating for Halloween.

But it occurred to me … I don’t have a tree on my front lawn.

Remember this from last year?



Maybe she can crash into a fence this year?





Comments

  1. I'm glad your new home is a pleasant place. May you have many holidays there.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

Music Monday

Ultimate Blog Party!!!!