Music Monday

 And it’s a “free choice” week.

And I’m in a musical slump … I think I’ve exhausted my musical favorites… so I’m taking inspiration from another blog hop …

A recent Saturday 9 asked us to name the best concert we’d ever seen.

Let me take you back to the early days of this blog, to July 2009

The previous year I’d suffered enormous disappointment when I was unable to obtain tickets to see Billy Joel’s “Last Play at Shea”, the concert he performed to honor Shea Stadium closing.  So when Sir Paul McCartney announced he would do a concert at the newly-opened Citi Field, I was determined to be there.  

He sang for 2 1/2 hours.  It was amazing. 

So here are a few selections from “Good Evening NYC”, the album that memorialized an incredible concert.



  





  



  



    




  

🎵 🎶 🎶 🎵 



Comments

  1. Many of us have a favorite concert and you picked a great one. As the senior citizen in this group, I can say my two favorite concerts were the Beach Boys in 1964 and Elton John 1972, prior to the release of the Goodbye Yellow Brick Road album. Great days, great music, great memories. Have a blessed week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paul is always a great choice and that is a great concert.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my!! dee mum here saw sir paul back in dee late 70's with his band wings while linda was still alive. she wood have a berry hard time picking owt a faborite concert. one of her recent favz wood be sting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great concert! I would say I loved seeing the Eurythmics. One I would have loved to see was ABBA during their Voulez Vous tour but my mom wouldn't let me.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

Music Monday

Ultimate Blog Party!!!!