Saturday 9

 

Cheeseburger in Paradise

Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!


Cheeseburger in Paradise (1978)

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

From the archives; Repeated in memory of Jimmy Buffett, who died on September 1.

1) In this song, Jimmy Buffett briefly attempts a healthier diet, which included sunflower seeds, carrot juice, zucchini and bulgur wheat. Do you pay attention to your daily consumption of vitamins, minerals, dietary fiber, etc.?

I have Celiac disease, which means I am on a gluten-free diet.I have to be aware of what I am eating 24/7/365, because eating anything with gluten will not only be painful in the short term but may also have long-term consequences. 

Like many of my fellow celiacs I am also lactose intolerant.  I can eat dairy but I have to be careful, and I also need to remember to take enzyme pills.

I am also trying to lose weight.  I have lost about 80 pounds since April 2022 and need to lose at least another 40 pounds. Wegovy is a wonder drug …

I track everything in an app called MYFITNESSPAL

2) Jimmy sings that he'd like french fries with his burger. Do you prefer to dip your fries or drizzle the ketchup over them?

Drizzle of course.

3) Which cheese would make yours a cheeseburger in paradise: American, cheddar, Swiss, bleu, Muenster, or Monterrey Jack?

Swiss or sometimes mozzarella.  
 
4) Buffett fans call themselves Parrotheads. Concert attire for a well-dressed Parrothead often includes a Hawaiian shirt and a foam fin hat. What will you be wearing tonight?

Jeans and a shirt, we’re going out but it’s very casual.
 
5) For someone with such an easygoing and laidback vibe, Jimmy is a very busy man. His business ventures include liquors, restaurants and hotels. He's also published eight books. All this in addition to making music! On a scale of 1 to 10 -- with 1 being lazy and 10 being highly motivated -- how would you rate yourself this morning?

Right now I’m feeling very lazy.


6) Jimmy has some very famous fans. Paul McCartney asked him to play at one of his parties, and Barack Obama invited him to perform at a fundraiser. If you could invite anyone -- anyone at all! -- to play at your party, who would you ask?

Oh my … far too many choices.  Can I get Jimmy Buffett playing with Paul McCartney followed by Billy Joel followed by … we’ll, you get the idea…

7) Jimmy was born on Christmas Day. Does your birthday fall on a major holiday? If yes, do you mind "sharing" your special day?

My birthday is in mid February, just a few days after Valentines Day.  It sometimes lands on President’s Day.  My late father’s birthday was the day before mine.  I’m kind of used to sharing.

8) In 1978, the year this song was popular, the Susan B. Anthony Dollar was first minted. The initial design was not a hit with the public because vending machines could not accept it. What's the last thing you bought from a vending machine?

Diet Coke.

9) Random question -- If today's your birthday, your zodiac sign is Virgo. When did you last check your horoscope?


I used to check it all the time but now I can’t remember the last time I looked.




Thanks so much for joining us again at Saturday: 9. As always, feel free to come back, see who has participated and comment on their posts. In fact sometimes, if you want to read & comment on everyone's responses, you might want to check back again tomorrow. But it is not a rule. We haven’t any rules here. Join us on next Saturday for another version of Saturday: 9, "Just A Silly Meme on a Saturday!" Enjoy your weekend!

 

  

Comments

  1. I used to get Daily Om emails with my horoscope, it was not cheesy, but I haven't looked for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My nephew (eldest nephew) was born the day after Christmas. His dad (my brother) was born on Easter, and occasionally Easter will fall on his birthday again (although it's been a while).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to use myfitnesspal also. I really liked it. Loved your answers! Have a great weekend. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used myfitnesspal several years back. It seems like it has changed a lot since then. Diet Coke (or Diet Pepsi if I'm desperate) is all I ever get from vending machines.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wait! What do you mean, "Drizzle of course"? Maybe it's a west coast/east coast thing, but I have never known anyone to drizzle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Google “fries with ketchup”. Four photos will pop us, three of them drizzled and one ready to dip.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday