Music Monday

 Before we get into the theme …


The first time I saw Jimmy Buffett live and in concert was in 2009.  I won tickets to his show at Madison Square Garden.  I was hooked.  He played Jones Beach every summer, and we saw him there many times.  His music was the soundtrack to our  Caribbean vacations.  He didn’t tour this summer, so I kind of knew he was ill.  I feel like I’ve lost a friend.


  



And now let’s move in to today’s theme.

And the theme?  Songs with September in the name.


First one that comes to mind is


  

And Neil Diamond 

  

I’ve liked Daughtry since his American Idol days


  

A hit from 1966


  

Had to include Jerry Orbach 




And we close it out with Green Day

  



Comments

  1. You found some great September songs. Well done. Love them all.

    Jimmy Buffett will be missed by millions and millions of fans.

    Have a fabulous MMMM and week. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great tribute to a great musician and I love your song list here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Neil Diamond song is popular today. The Try to Remember song was the first one to pop into my head.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Jimmy Buffet song - I love any song with steel drums in it. Also enjoyed your September playlist (am I surprised that you would include Try to Remember?) Wake Me Up When September Ends is one of Green Day's best songs and they have (in my opinion) a lot of great songs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. John, it’s very different from everything else in the play list. But you have to realize I’m not just into rock, I also love Broadway. Orbach was big on Broadway well before Law & Order and Dirty Dancing. His first major role was in The Fantasticks. He played El Gallo and introduced “Try to Remember” to the world.

      Delete
  5. Hey Girlfriend, Never heard this one by Jimmy Buffet... may he rest in peace! Glad you got the chance to see him in person. Great song & cool song choices my friend~! HAPPY LABOR DAY! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jimmy Buffett music had positive melody.
    Coffee is on, and stay safe.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday