Saturday 9

 

Workin' for a Livin'

Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!



Saturday 9: Workin' for a Livin' (1982)

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) Huey begins the song by telling us some workdays feel like they will never end. How was last week for you? Did it drag or did it fly by?

Dragged a little.  I really need this three day weekend.

2) He sings that his car payment is due. Think about your personal finances. Do you pay most of your bills manually or do you more often take advantage of automated bill pay?

I hate auto pay.
 
3) Huey Lewis achieved a perfect score on the math portion of the SAT. Did you take SATs and/or ACTs? Were your results anything to brag about? (If they were, go ahead and let us know!)

My SAT’s were good enough to get me into the college of my choice.  My LSAT score got me into law school. 

4) In his role as District Attorney for Essex County, MA, Huey's grandfather Hugh Cregg prosecuted high-profile murder cases. Do you enjoy watching or reading courtroom dramas?

Watching Raymond. Burr as Perry Mason when I was a child had a huge influence on my career choices. 

5) Huey no longer performs because he has an inner-ear disorder that prevents him from holding a vocal pitch. Of your five senses -- hearing, sight, smell, touch and taste -- which is the strongest?

Hmmmm….I’d have to think about that.

6) He is a fan of fly fishing. Did you do any fishing this summer?

The last time I went fishing I was a teenager.


Since this Monday is Labor Day, the holiday established to celebrate the American worker … 

7) Approx. 10% of Americans are self employed. Have you ever been your own boss? 

No.

8) According to Monster.com, 50% of workers have left a job to get away from a boss. Are you one of the 50%?

I didn’t leave the job — at the time there was nowhere to go — but I did the happy dance when a departmental reorganization meant I no longer worked for him.  He was a real nightmare.

9) Farmers feel the impact of extreme weather events. Have you ever had a job that required you to be outdoors most of the time?

When I was in college I had a summer job at the beach.  Ever see those kids picking up trash on the sand or in the parking lot?  That was me.
 

Comments

  1. I'm with you on #1--this weekend is perfect timing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Perry Mason. That show was the perfect example of plot as it was explained to us in school: exposition, rising action, climax, falling action, and denouement. I often miss a Della Street-like character who acts for me and asks all those questions to tie up plot points I missed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. #2 I hated auto-pay but then I missed a couple of payments and also being up at the Cape made it hard to pay bills.
    #8 What I am proud of is when I was laid off (The factory was shutting down so they were laying everyone off a few at a time) my technicians gave me a party and presents.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i forgot about Huey Lewis and the news.
    Coffee is on, and stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So, Perry Mason is the one who lead you into the law? Isn't the Law something like a "great mysterious element of Modern Life? My parents met at the time they were both Steno/clerk/typists at the L.A. County Law library. My dad didn't get to finish his Law Degree -World War Two- I think he resented that more than he'd ever say.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't trust auto pay. I love paying bills online, but they'll never get me to agree to auto pay.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday