The last of the holiday happenings

Well, 2021 really got started with a bang, didn't it?

With all that has happened in the last few days, I wasn't really in the mood for blogging....

But then I had to laugh.

Back in November I placed an order  on Amazon. I ordered disposable face masks, a small package of them, decorated with the words "Happy New Year 2021".  At the time I expected a small group of us would be spending New Year's Eve in a restaurant, watching the ball drop and drinking champagne. I thought we could all wear those masks.  

Well, the delivery date came and went.  No masks.  Covid got worse, a 10 PM curfew was imposed, and the masks became irrelevant as we changed our plans for the big night.  

Amazon gave me a refund, and I forgot about the masks.

Guess what showed up  in the mail on January 4?






Our annual visit to Jones Beach for the Magic of Lights was a bit different this year.  It's always been a drive-through display, but this year there was no "Santa's Village" to visit.

I was a bit annoyed, they started sending cars through the display  before it was fully dark.


And the light display is set up in the same part of the park as Covid testing...jarring signs...




 

But the display was as lovely as always.







The trees dance to music.  My video didn't capture the music, but enjoy the effects:



You know how I feel about dragons:





And since we are at the beach:




And I loved the light tunnels.





It felt so ...normal...to drive through the display...

Maybe next December will be a more normal one.

Comments

  1. We just did something similar last Sunday, up to and including starting it while it was still light out. It's nice to have a bit of normalcy as much as we can have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our local light display was interrupted by flooding (which, miraculously didn't damage it beyond repair) so it is going to run now until Jan 23. It doesn't have COVID testing direction signs incorporated into it, either. How 2020 to have COVID testing at Jones Beach. I'm kind of speechless....Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jones Beach is also about to become a vaccination center.

      I read about your flood on your blog, glad to hear the lights survived.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday