Tales from the commuter front

The golfers are gone, but now we have a new problem: track work.  It’s ruining my morning commute. My 7:11 to Brooklyn is now a 7:07.  And the 7:16 to Penn is now a 7:10.  I was barely making the train before the schedule changed .....

Last week there were troubles in New Hyde Park.  On Wednesday there was a 15 minute delay during the evening rush hour due to signal trouble.  

On Friday night there was a 15 minute delay due to a broken crossing gate; some idiot hit the gate with his car.  Remember what I always say? Don’t play chicken with a train ...

Well, hello Mr. Rat!  My, you’re a big one.  We’ll get along just fine so long as you stay on the track bed and I’m up here on the platform.

don't you just hate it when your train is rerouted because "there's a stalled train up ahead"?

And I know there’s been a lot of construction in Penn Station, but why is there a hard hat on the track bed?

There are days when the commute really gets to me.  But then....

There is music in the Atlantic Avenue station.  Friday night there was a violinist playing ...Leonard Cohen’s “Hallelujah”.  Now, where have I heard that before?  Massive ear worm ...


Comments

  1. Does "Hallelujah" need to be banned? It seems to follow you everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never seen a rat a wild one.
    Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dora, you don't really want to see a rat....

    Liz, I've heard the song a few more times since I wrote this blog entry. It's time to retire it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday