another this and that



Commuter woes -- this week on the Long Island Rairoad seemed to be filled with short delays on the railroad because of "signal trouble", "sick passenger", etc.  I got home 90 minutes late the other night due to "idiot in a truck" a/k/a "don't play chicken with a train, you will lose."  No one was injured, thank G-d, but it's really not a good idea to try and cross the tracks when the crossing gate is coming down...

Weather woes -- we've had rain almost every day for the past three weeks.  It hasn't been a constant, steady rain.  It's  more like morning showers giving way to afternoon sunshine, or a rainy afternoon but clearing up in the evening.  Still, it's depressing. And the forecast says we're in for another week of this.  I need sunshine!

Weather and Commuter Woes -- The PGA Championship is  coming back to Long Island next week.  The tournament will be played on "Bethpage Black", a golf course located within Bethpage State Park. (I think they've been here 4 times for tournaments, next week will be their 5th event in Bethpage.) Hordes of golf fans will descend upon the towns of Bethpage and Farmingdale.  Fans who use the Long Island Railroad will be directed to the station in Farmingdale, where they will catch a bus to the golf course.  Guess whose train passes through Farmingdale?

Professional seminar -- not only am I a licensed attorney, I also hold several insurance adjuster licenses.  Both types of license have a continuing education requirement, so when I find classes that will give me credit towards both licenses, I do the happy dance.  You can imagine my joy last Thursday, when I spent a whole day at a seminar earning my credits.  I won't bore you with the details of "latest trends in insurance coverage" or "professional liability damages" or "how to handle a mass tort mediation".  There was an interesting keynote speaker at lunch, but I'll save that for another day.

Interesting musical choice -- I often see musicians performing in the subway or in Penn Station.  There's a guy who plays the guitar in Penn, and every time I see him, he's playing Leonard Cohen's "Hallelujah".  Seriously, I am beginning to wonder if he even knows any other songs.

And speaking of musicians -- Billy Joel performed a show as part of his residency at Madison Square Garden Thursday night.   Thursday was also his 70th birthday, and the show was just one big party. I've seen him at the Garden twice, and would have loved to have been at Thursday's show.  guess I will just have to settle for a video.

 

Comments

  1. Sorry about the dreary weather. We've had similar. Not rain, but gray and blah.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday