#skywatchfriday -- the Goodyear blimp!

We had a little event here on Long Island last week.  Over in Bethpage, at the park.  Some sort of golf championship.  I think some guy named Tiger Woods was playing,  but he didn't do well.  I heard someone named Brooks Koepka won. golfers seem to have such funny names.

Seriously, this must be the fourth or fifth time the PGA has chosen Bethpage Black for one of its tournaments.  The entire golf world descends upon Bethpage and Farmingdale for a week.  I don't live in either of those towns, but my train travels through Bethpage and Farmingdale.  

Friday night, the train was in Bethpage when I caught these shots of the Goodyear Blimp. In this first one, you can actually see the motion of the train.


This one makes it look like the blimp is caught in the overhead wires.




On Saturday we went to Bethpage Ballpark (which is actually in Central Islip -- Bethpage Federal Credit Union has the naming rights) to see a baseball game  -- our Long Island Ducks took on the New Britain Bees.  


And i spotted something familiar in the sky:







Yes, the blimp was on its way to MacArthur Airport.

It was also fireworks night at the ballpark.  enjoy:






#skywatchfriday





Comments

  1. The blimp is stalking you! I enjoyed some of your fireworks, too. We stopped going to minor league games several years ago - I get too impatient with baseball nowadays and even fireworks aren't enough of a reward. Now I can watch from the comfort of my computer-thanks. Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job - it's hard to try and capture a blimp

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I lived in Southern California we saw the Goodyear Blimp all the time. For a while when I lived in Torrance I would pass its mooring spot next to the freeway on the way to and from work. - Margy

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I see a blimp in the air, I know something is going on someplace. Not a golf fan? (Me neither, so I understand.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful shots of the blimp. I really like the first one... with the foreground blurred and the blimp in perfect focus!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It been a long time since I seen a blimp

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Blogging from A to Z — we start with the letter A