Wednesday HodgePodge

From this Side of the Pond

This week's questins from Joyce:

1. Summer is upon us this week in the Northern hemisphere. Tell us three things on your summer bucket list.

-- a backyard barbecue.  Drew always hosts a few of these events in his yard.  He cancelled this year's Memorial Day weekend  event, so I'm looking forward to the 4th of July.

--swimming.  I spent a lot of time at the pool when I was growing up, and I've always loved the water. 

--a boat ride.  I live on an island, after all, so being out on the water is somethng I can easily arrange.

 2. Something fun you used to do as a kid in the summertime?

My father was a teacher, and later a school principal.  when I was growing up, he'd take a summer job at a day camp.  As a result, my sisters and I spent a lot of time at day camp.  Activities included swimming, sports, arts and crafts, music and dance, nature hikes, horseback rides....

 3. Rootop or backyard? Why?

I'm  suburban girl, I like my lawn and yard.  though when I was in my 20's, I had an apartment in brownstone Brooklyn, and we had a rooftop, though I didn't stay long enough to really enjoy it.

 4. Do you read food labels? Place importance on them? Make an effort to find out/care about where your food comes from?

I'm really trying to watch what I eat, so yeah, I read labels.  I try to stick with healthier options.  But the source?  I don't really care if my grapes come from California or Chile, if that's what you're asking. 

 5. A song you'll have on repeat this summer?

I've got a whole Jimmy Buffett playlist.  If I had to choose one song, though, it would be "License to Chill".

 6. Insert your own random thought here.

Change is in the wind....(she said mysteriously)....

Comments

  1. Jimmy Buffet is the perfect tune to accompany summer! Nothing better! I am now following you from Hodgepodge - you can follow back if you wish at Annster's Domain

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you've got your summer handled.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw some where they offer adults camp like when we were young. Sound like fun.
    Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete
  4. There’s a place in Connecticut that used to be a sleep away camp for kids that’s now a camp for adults and families. Grown ups want to have fun, too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday