Wednesday HodgePodge

From this Side of the Pond

Joyce has a new set of questions:

1.Describe your 30's in one sentence. If you're not yet 30 tell us one thing you hope to accomplish once you hit that particular decade.

My 30's were an emotional roller coaster, involving the birth of two children, a nasty divorce, moving inand out of several residences, and three job changes.

 2. Is it harder for you to exercise or eat healthy?

Both are difficult for me, but I'm trying hard to eat healthy and exercise. 

 3. June 7th is National VCR Day. Huh? Anyway this reminded me of something I saw on Facebook listing household items we no longer have and the VCR was on it. I couldn't put my hands on that list, but found another list here of 21 items we all had ten years ago, but which are now obsolete-

bookshelves (WHAT!!???), drip coffee makers, alarm clocks, file cabinets, desktop computers, printers, printed phone books, answering machines, fax machines, paper shredders, a Rolodex, CD racks, CD burners, china cabinets, home phones, entertainment consoles, DVD players, calculators, takeout menus, incandescent light bulbs, and cable TV

Your thoughts? How many on the list do you still have? Still use?

My boyfriend must be a Luddite.  He still has a VCR, an alarm clock, a desktop computer, a printer, an answering machine, a paper shredder, CD racks, bookshelves, a home phone, cable TV, a china cabinet, DVD players, a calculator and lots of take out menus.  At least he got rid of the drip coffee pot and bought a Keurig.

 I haven't connected it to the TV, haven't watched a DVD in ages, but I still own a DVD player.


 4. What's something you see disappearing in the next ten years?

I think laptops will disappear, we'll rely on phones and tablets and personal assistants like Alexa and Siri.

 5. How did you celebrate your birthday this past year? Is that typical?

My birthday is in February, and so is my boyfriend's.  We have signed up for rewards programs from a lot of restaurants, and so we tend to celebrate  by going out to eat.  My favorite birthday celebration is at Benihana, a hibachi restaurant, where the meal ends with the waitstaff singing a Japanese birthday song.  We went to Benihana a few days after my birthday.  On my birthday, though, I enjoyed free pancakes at IHOP.

 6. Insert your own random thought here.

Yesterday I downloaded The President Is Missing by Bill Clinton and James Patterson.  Can't wait to start reading it. 

I downloaded it to my nook app, I'll be reading it primarily on my iPad. 

Today I got an email from Barnes & Noble, telling me that their technology no longer supports my first generation nook, that I could stil use my nook to read books in my library but that I'd no longer be able to buy books on my nook...and it occurred ot me I haven't charged up the nook in a very long time.  Wasn't it just yesterday that nook and Kindle were brand new technology?



Comments

  1. I'm still using my Nook. One of these days I'm going to get an iPad and have both Nook and Kindle software on it. That's my dream, anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Feb is a great month to be born in.
    Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday