Lewis Black!

I never know what to buy for Drew.  I always seem to find something that I think he'll like, but that winds up on a shelf or in a drawer...so I always ask him what he wants before getting him a gift...

(He doesn't have the same issue when it comes to me, as my jewelry and pewter figurine collections can attest.)

So when I asked him what he wanted for Hanukkah this year, he told me that he wanted to see comedian Lewis Black, who would be appearing at the Westbury Music Fair...er, the NYCB Theater at Westbury...on February 17th.

If you haven't heard of Lewis Black, this is how he describes himself on his website:


Known as the king of the rant, LEWIS BLACK  uses his trademark style of comedic yelling and animated finger-pointing to skewer anything and anyone that gets under his skin. His comedic brilliance lies in his ability to make people laugh at the absurdities of life, with topics that include current events, social media, politics and anything else that exposes the hypocrisy and madness he sees in the world. 


His humor is very topical, very political, very liberal in his outlook.

And very, very funny.

His opening act, John Bowman, did a spot-on impression of Donald Trump -- worth the price of admission just to see that.  Then Black did his rants about politics, Long Island traffic, candy corn, gun control ... it was hysterical.  

At the end of the show, Black went "live", streaming a question-and-answer session to his audience on the web.

Great evening of comedy.

And we scouted out where we want to sit for Bill Maher -- he's coming to Westbury in August.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday