Another this and that

Nothing like a political convention to bring people together.  I haven't spoken to my cousin Don in months, but last night we were texting our comments on the RNC fiasco.  Can't wait to see what happens during the DNC convention next week...

Seems like old times...Back in the day, whenever a new Harry Potter book was due out, I had to order three copies, one for each of the girls and one for myself.  I just paid for three Kindle copies of Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, I treated my now-adult children....

The Rio Olympics are coming up next month, and with the games we will get a mega dose of Brazilian culture.  Drew's Aunt Pierina used to live in Rio, and when I first met Drew she frequently took us to a great Brazilian restaurant in Manhattan. I think I  want to go out for Brazilian BBQ now...

We are seeing the new Star Trek movie Saturday.  Drew already bought the tickets and picked out our seats.  What a difference from the very first Star Trek movie, when I stood on line in the coldness of an Albany winter,  waiting to get in...we sat in the very front row of the theater, and were glad to be inside, instead of  waiting for the next showing...

All eyes will be on Cooperstown this weekend, as Mike Piazza is inducted into the Hall of Fame.  One of my favorite players, if for no other reason than 9/21/2001.  I guess I can wear my Piazza jersey to Citi Field on Tuesday night, we have tickets to a game...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday