Jewel

Jewel Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

 We came on a Saturday night.  This is a lovely little restaurant in the middle of a Melville office complex. Décor is modern and a bit eclectic -- I really liked the water wall.  The bar is prominently featured in the center of the large dining room.  You can actually see the kitchen from the dining area.  I liked the quotes about food that are displayed prominently above the kitchen.


The food... I loved the bread basket, so many varieties of rolls, served with olive oil for dipping.  My shrimp cocktail was excellent.  Shrimp were fresh, the cocktail sauce was freshly made and had just the right "bite".  The lobster bisque -- well, Drew said it had an unfamiliar seasoning, and he wasn't sure he liked it.  Our steaks were perfectly cooked and very tender.  Mine was served on a bed of mashed potatoes -- purple mashed potatoes.  First time I ever ate purple potatoes; they have a slightly different taste than the white, but one that I really enjoyed.  This was one of the rare occasions where I indulged in a truly decadent dessert -- a chocolate mousse cake with fresh whipped cream.  Heaven. 

The service...while there were no mistakes or glaring errors, service seemed more than just a little slow, and not as attentive as I would have liked.

Valet parking is available.

Overall a pleasant experience. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday