Another This and That






In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death and taxes.

So the other night I came home and found Jen doing her taxes.  She was using an online program that guided her every step.  She still had a couple of questions for me, but she managed it mostly on her own.  Another sign of adulthood.

Becca called me the other night, she had a problem.  I wasn't really able to help, but I'm glad  she sought my advice.  She just learned a costly lesson about high pressure sales tactics and consumer contracts.  Part of growing up, I guess.

Jen has been spending a lot of time at her boyfriend's house.  I really like him.  He's back in school, studying to be a registered nurse.  Very good choice for a guy, I think.

 Becca is spending a lot of time with her ex boyfriend.  Last time I asked, she told me that they were "just friends".   I think it's going to be more than that eventually.  And I'm in no position to comment on that, considering where I spend my free time.

Speaking of which...Drew officially put in his retirement notice.  He will retire at the end of this school year.  He hopes to be able to do substitute teaching next year.  That's a lot less taxing, he won't have to work every day and he won't have to do all the lesson plans and grading papers and etc.

He's very nervous about the surgery.  He actually posted about it on Facebook, something I've never seen him do before.  The surgery is on Tuesday, and I'm not sure how long he'll be in the hospital. 

I'm taking the whole week off to deal with him, and with a few other personal matters.  I have to get things ready for my accountant, I must also file my tax returns, and the meeting with my accountant is fast approaching.

My coworker has been out of the office all week.  She was supposed to get engaged this weekend.  Instead, she will be at a funeral.  Her boyfriend was driving in the snow on Monday, headed to her house, when somehow he veered into oncoming traffic.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday