life in and around NYC is insane

Monday, April 14, 2014

Ayhan's for brunch

Having enjoyed countless dinners here, we were curious about Ayhan's Sunday brunch.


The price for the all-you-can-eat brunch is normally $16.99, but we had a coupon for $9.99 per person.  So off we went.

The salad table was very good.  It included peel-and-eat shrimp with cocktail sauce, hummus, tzaziki, green salads, pasta salads, couscous salads, pita bread. . . I really love their soft Turkish bread.  But everything was "prepared salad", there was no option to combine raw veggies into a salad.

The main buffet table held a few breakfast items, but focused on lunch foods.  Rice pilaf, lots of grilled chicken dishes, gyro meat.  I liked the felafel, loved the filet mignon.  Didn't care for the seasonings in the moussaka.Glad to see tahini as well as yogurt sauce on the table. 

I think I saw pizza as an offering as well.

We didn't try the desserts, though the baklava looked tempting.

coffee was not included in the price of the brunch.

Honest impression?  I love Ayhan's, but the brunch . . .worth what we paid for it, but I doubt I'd ever come for brunch without a coupon.






Ayhan's Shish Kebab on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me