I find myself here frequently. Drew and I stopped here Monday night. He had a bacon cheeseburger deluxe -- huge burger plated with two large onion rings, served with lettuce, tomato, fries, cole slaw and a pickle. The slaw here tends to be fresh and sweet. I had chicken souvlaki. Grilled chicken, lettuce, tomato, onion on pita, served with fries. You get two containers of tzatsiki with the sandwich -- you can smell the garlic as soon as you open the container. Yum! Back again tonight -- you know Becca is home from school when you see me getting take out from this diner. This time I was the one getting the bacon cheeseburger. Becca had a t-bone steak, which comes with mashed potatoes, corn and a side salad with their famous Greek dressing. No kidding, they make their own dressing, bottke it and sell it. Home with my daughter eating take out . . .how sweet to sit alone with her and just talk . . .
life in and around NYC is insane
- ► 2016 (153)
- ► 2015 (395)
- ► 2014 (359)
- ► 2013 (243)
- I sit and watch him sleep
- The Scourge of Chipmunk-kind
- It takes two hands to handle a Whopper . . .
- All I need is a tall ship. . .
- So it's official
- The graduate
- Graduation weekend, off to a rough start
- Olympic Diner and conversation
- Worried, part 2
- Dark Shadows, Johnny Depp and Johnny Rockets
- My name is Victoria Winters. It is late afternoon...
- The blonde dye sunk into the brain
- All creatures, great and small
- Chinese food!
- The Avengers
- Songbird salutes the 70's
- ▼ May (19)
- ► 2011 (269)
- ► 2010 (367)
- ► 2009 (296)