Today is Purim, tomorrow no more, give me a penny and show me the door!

Definition of a Jewish holiday: they tried to kill us, we won, let's eat.

in this case, "they" means Haman and "we" means Queen Esther and her Uncle Mordechai.

Purim is a happy holiday, sort of a cross between Mardi Gras and Halloween. costumes are involved, fun activites like carnivals and shows are planned. and you get to eat Hamantaschen, triangular pastries designed to represent Haman's tricorner hat. during the reading of the Megillah, the story of Esther, you can use your noisemaker to drown out Haman's name. in synagogue!

there is feasting - and drinking - involved.it is said that you're supposed to drink until you can't tell the difference between Haman and Mordechai.

I just got back from synagogue...we had a lovely party tonight. come on by my house, I've got plenty of Hamantaschen and rugelach...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday