Springsteen!

 So …  Ticketmaster is determined to avoid a repeat of the Taylor Swift fiasco. (Becca may never get over her disappointment).  In order to buy tickets for Springsteen’s concerts at the Meadowlands, you had to pre register and be selected as a “verified fan”.  You had to choose which show you wanted (he’s doing three shows at MetLife), and would be able to buy up to six tickets for the show you selected. The sale was set for Friday February 24, from noon until 2 PM.

I wasn’t chosen to be a “verified fan”, but luckily Drew was!

Drew called me Thursday night.  “I have a problem.”

He had a doctor’s appointment for noon on Friday, and it could not be rescheduled.

“Will you sign into my account and buy the tickets?”

Of course I will!

(In fact, I was glad he asked, after he tried but failed to get seats for Springsteen at Madison Square Garden — those shows are in April.)

So he gave me his log on, his credit card information, and the special code he got from Ticketmaster that proves he’s a “verified fan”.

I signed into the waiting room an hour before the sale.  At noon I found myself at the back of the queue.  20 minutes later I was finally allowed to select seats.  There wasn’t much left, just the cheapest seats in the upper level of the stadium.  I didn’t think twice, I grabbed the seats.

And then … just out of curiosity, around 1:30 I rejoined the queue.  There were almost no tickets left.

And then I saw them.  Two tickets.  Field level seats.  Not far from the stage.  Someone must have grabbed them earlier but didn’t complete the transaction, and the tickets were released just as I was searching.

You know what I did, of course.


Drew now owns four tickets to the Springsteen concert,  Two to use and two to sell.


We will see the boss in New Jersey on the Friday before Labor Day.

Comments

  1. Congratulations. Enjoy the show.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello my friend! Sending hugs first and now question. I want to redo my blog and I don't know what I'm doing. Do you have any suggestions regarding Blogspot where I came back to to do my blog like you! If you have time if you could help me redoing my blog it surely be appreciated. I've been off a really long time, but due to recovering because of a fall my back hates me again, but I'm sooooo lonely and I need a friend to talk to now and then. HUGS

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday