Another this and that

 Since you asked, this is what I use to dry and style my hair



You can find it here.

I was so annoyed yesterday.  My Fitbit would not sync with the app on my phone.  When I finally got it to work, I lost a lot of data.  Grrrr….

I was supposed to meet with my accountant tomorrow to do my taxes (ugh) but he had to cancel because of a family emergency (ugh).

My daughters took me out for my birthday the other night.  I am so proud of those two young women!  Jen told me she’s finally found her career path in the court system.  Becca was all full of talk about the wedding.  It was a great evening.

I must have mentioned Michael DelGuidice when I wrote about the Billy Joel concert.  When he’s not playing in Billy’s band, he tours with a Billy Joel tribute band called Big Shot.  I saw him perform at a charity fundraiser a few years ago.  Michael gets a solo at every Billy Joel concert.  Just before Billy  sings “Scenes From an Italian Restaurant “, Michael sings a Puccini aria called “Nessun Dorma”.  Even if you’re not familiar with Italian opera, you’ll probably recognize this melody.

 

Beautiful, isn’t it?

Wish me luck.  If all goes well this week, I will have the opportunity to buy tickets to see Springsteen at MetLife Stadium. He’s doing two shows around Labor Day, and tickets go on sale Friday.  But only “verified fans” will have access to Ticketmaster.  I find out later today if I’m one of the lucky “verified fans”.  I would have preferred to see his show at the Garden; Drew tried to get tickets for one of those shows, but …

I am excited for the upcoming baseball season.  The Mets look good, and we will very likely get tickets to one or two games at Citi Field.  We’re also planning to see a few Long Island Ducks games.  It’s going to be fun.

You know I’m writing all of this to keep my mind off of what’s happening to Shadow.  She is at the vet right now.  She’s 6 months old, so it’s time to have her spayed.  I know it’s routine veterinary care, and that she will be a happier and healthier cat, so I am being a responsible pet mom.  But I am so upset that she will be in pain as she recovers, and I am worried that something will go wrong.  I need at little bit if “handholding” today, if you know what I mean.  Though I am sure she will be fine.  Right?

Sigh …

Comments

  1. Shadow will be fine. And this is necessary. You don't want to end up with kittens. Or a cat in heat. She'll be happier in the long run, too.

    I think I have seen brushes like that. There's a vague memory. Thanks for the link.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She’s ok, I will pick her up later. But the mom in me worries, you know?

      Delete
  2. Glad you had a great meal with your daughters.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday