Saturday 9

 

Beautiful

Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love to answer the questions, however, and here is today's questions!

Saturday 9: Beautiful (2005)

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
 
1) In this song, Moby sings about a self-involved couple who believes others are fascinated by their glamorous lives. Tell us about the most interesting couple you know.

Interesting couple ….hmmmm…she’s a retired teacher, he works for Home Depot.  Second marriage for both of them.  Very active in their community.   They used to live near us, but since they moved away we don’t get to see them often.  Sigh.
 
2) This song was inspired by the proliferation of reality shows, where celebrities share their lives on camera. Does the idea of becoming rich and famous in exchange for letting a film crew into your home appeal to you?

I would love to be rich, but I value my privacy, I value the ability to control what I do and do not share.


3) "Beautiful" appears in the soundtrack of the movie The Devil Wears Prada, starring Meryl Streep. She was nominated for an Academy Award for her performance, which is no surprise because she has more Oscar nominations than any other actor or actress. Do you have a favorite Meryl Streep movie?

The Devil Wears Prada.

4) Moby has openly discussed how Christ has influenced his life and art. Do you consider yourself religious or spiritual? If yes, how do your beliefs impact your daily life?

I am somewhat religious.  I used to be very active in my synagogue.  These days I’m more interested in Jewish mindfulness and meditation,  which combine Kabbalah with some of the practices of eastern religions.

5) His real name is Richard Melville Hall. His parents began calling him "Moby" almost immediately because they felt "Richard Melville Hall" sounded too big for a baby. When did you most recently hold a baby?

It’s been so long that I really don’t remember.  

6) He began shaving his head when he was in his 30s. It was at the request of a girlfriend, who said she liked bald men. Would you change your appearance to please your lover?

Only if the change also pleased me,

7) Moby's house was once owned by Marlon Brando and was later rented to The Beatles. What do you know about the previous residents of your home?

I rent an apartment. It’s a two family house, and a friend of mine lives in the other apartment.  The previous occupant of my apartment was a horrible tenant.  He wasn’t nice to my friend and drove the landlord crazy.  Landlord actually gave me a break on the rent because I get along with the other tenant — a person I’ve known for 35 years.
 
8) In 2005, when "Beautiful" was released, actress Ruth Warrick died. She began her career in radio, made her film debut in Citizen Kane, and she was best known as matriarch Phoebe Tyler on All My Children, a role she played for 35 years. What's the longest you stayed at the same job?

12 years.  It was a great place to work … until it wasn’t.  

9) Random question: Without looking, do you know how much money is in your checking account right now?

Yes.

Comments

  1. #7 -- I love that you get a special friendship rate on your rent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How nice to live so near a friend, and still in your own apartment.
    Great landlord!

    Have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great living situation!

    ReplyDelete
  4. #7, that is an awesome housing situation! I love that. To live by a friend, but to also have someone so close if you need them...love that! Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend.♥

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. #3 I never saw The Devil Wears Prada, I guess that I have to added it to the “Must See” list.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's nice when you're friendly with your neighbors. It must be nice to live so close to a good friend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am a landlord and I work with my tenants to ensure they can afford the place (it's only a house I inherited from my mother). I do not charge enough but the place is hard to heat, and I take that into consideration.

    ReplyDelete
  8. "Devil Wears Prada' is my extra special Meryl Streep movie to cure any mood! lol
    I would have loved to have a friendly neighborhood in the one that I am in. It wasn't, but there were three families who were and that was just fine. There's only one left alive, now. And covid put the cabbash on our running across the road to visit sort of interaction. Friends we still are, though. And there are newer friendlies that have moved in now but we are in our dotage and stuck in that mud.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday