Want to ride a bike?

New York City is very bicycle-friendly.  Cycling is much more than a recreational activity in this city, it's also a way for commuters to get to work, and for businesses to deliver goods to their customers.

There are greenways throughtout the city's parks, designeated for bicycle uses.  There are also bike lanes on many streets, and the city is committed to adding more each year.  The city sponsors weekend events where streets are shut down to vehicular traffic so that they can be used for cycling.

The  city is creating significant outdoor bicylce parking, and there is a "bikes in buildings" program that encourages commercial  landlords to find a place for tenants in office buildings to park their bikes indoors.


And, of course, there's the bike-sharing program.  You can easily rent a bike from CitiBike. 

I think there may be a few available bikes near my office:


Comments

  1. My city is also committed to getting more bike friendly. But I'm now wary as I keep hearing about bike accidents. I've gotten 13 days of work due to a bike accident (and the resulting broken collarbone). So, skittish about getting on a bike again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't ride, but admire those who do...unless they pose a danger to pedestrians, which can happen often in this city.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday