It's Insane

If what happened yesterday isn't considered "an act of terrorism" we need to drastically change the definition of terrorism."  -- Dan Rather


My list yesterday was slightly off, the suspicious package sent to Andrew Cuomo wasn't part of this nightmare.  But the list just keeps on growing.  So far, the FBI has confirmed: one package to George Soros in Katonah, NY; one package to Hillary Clinton in Chappaqua, NY; one package to John Brennan, sent to CNN headquarters in NYC; two to Joe Biden in Delaware; one to  Barack Obama in Washington, DC; one to Robert De Niro in NYC; one to Eric Holder in Florida; one to Debbie Wasserman Schultz in Florida; and two to Maxine Waters, one in Washington, DC and the other in Los Angeles.

The CNN situation yesterday resulted in the evacuation of the Time Warner Building, a major office building/shopping mall on Columbus Circle.  That's just south of Lincoln Center and the Manhattan campus of Fordham University.  I'm not in that neighborhood often, but I was there the other night, when we saw My Fair Lady

De Niro's package was sent to his restaurant in Tribeca, causing massive street closures.  that doesn't directly affect me, either; the closest I get to Tribeca these days is when my subway train passes under it.

But when you attack my city, I kind of take it personally, know what I mean?

I think we all need to take it personally, though.  America's ideals are under attack.  Yes, there is a great deal of less than civil behavior on both sides of the aisle. but only one side has called the press the "enemy of the people", has screamed to lock up adversaries, has used rhetoric advocating violence, has espoused conspiracy theories, and has blamed the victims of this horrible situation.

I fear for the future of this country.

Comments

  1. When they start sending bombs, they lose any credibility on the whole "civil behavior" debate. Although, I have no problem with shaming politicians in restaurants. If they won't listen to their constituents via phone calls and town halls (that they're not going to), then they need a wake up call.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday