Korean BBQ

Korilla BBQ Truck Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Wednesday's lunch was Korean BBQ from a food truck. 

I wasn't actually planning on Korean food that day.  I was looking for the Thai food truck when I spotted the Korilla truck, a distinctive orange with tiger stripes, and decided I wanted to check out the menu.   The menu was enticing, and the long line of customers indicated the food was probably going to be good.


Here's what I got:



That is a rice bowl with sticky rice, bulgogi (steak marinated in a sweet fruit and savory soy blend), sweet black beans with a sesame oil drizzle, baby bok choy, and yuzu pickled sweet pepper, all topped with a mild and smokey sauce. 

I was tempted to order the cucumber kimchi, but I was afraid it would be too spicy.  Good decision -- everything in this bowl is considered "mild", and yet the dish had plenty of kick to it. 

The truck travels to various locations in Manhattan and Brooklyn.  The schedule is posted on Twitter.  I'll be sure to visit them again when they're here in the Financial District.


Comments

  1. Food trucks are fun. If their "mild" has a kick to it, I could definitely not eat it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just glad I avoided the spicy stuff...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday