Fireworks

 So it was fireworks night at the Ducks game.

You know what that means.  When we sing the national anthem, and we get to “…and the rockets’ red glare …” BOOM! Red fireworks.  The home team hits a home run?    “Going, going, GONE!”  BOOM!  The 7th inning stretch?  “…it’s one, two, three strikes, you’re out at the old ball game.” BOOM!

It culminates with a fireworks show after the game. 


But last night we had fireworks on the field as well …

Debinson Romero was called out on strikes.  He didn’t like the umpire’s call, so he voiced his displeasure.  The umpire threw him out of the game.

Did I mention that the Ducks are managed by Wally Backman?  You may remember him as a player, he was the second baseman for the NY Mets back in 1986.  

Well, Backman stormed out of the dugout to defend his player.  The umpire threw Backman out of the game.  Backman stormed off the field, throwing his baseball cap into the dirt.  A few moments later a bucket of …I think it was bubble gum … came flying out of the dugout.  

I think Backman was just a tad bit upset … 

Ultimately the Ducks won both games of the double header.

I didn’t capture Backman’s “moment”, but I did take video of the fireworks.  


Enjoy.



Comments

  1. My husband remembers Wally Backman could be quite emotional (I had stopped following baseball by then). But your team won, so all turned out well in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah yes, spats with the ump. Good times.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday