A Cinderella story

 I’m normally not a big fan of college basketball.  I like the game, I guess, but I never really developed an interest in it.

But this year I’ve been sucked into March Madness.

And it’s all because of a Cinderella team.  The St. Peter’s Peacocks.

St. Peter’s is a small college in Jersey City, New Jersey.  It’s a very small school, only about 2,000 undergrads, with a very small sports budget.   Not the kind of team, or school, that ordinarily gains national attention.  Lucky to be a 15th seed in the NCAA tournament.

But somehow they keep winning, beating teams that are theoretically better, advancing first to the Sweet 16, and with tonight’s win over Purdue, to the Elite 8.  

I hope they keep busting everyone’s brackets.

Comments

  1. I was sucked in the same way. Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lot of people here is Gonzaga bull dog fans. It only about two hour drive from me.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday