Sunday in the Park with Drew

Remember how I used to walk in Eisenhower Park?

I’d usually go on Friday afternoons, after work.  Drew lives near the park, so I’d spend some time there before heading to Drew’s house for the weekend.

I stopped visiting the park when my job relocated to NYC.  And I was so excited when I accepted the offer for my current job, because this employer is also located near Eisenhower Park, and I had visions of Friday afternoon walks ...

That was pre-pandemic, of course.

But today Drew said, “It’s a beautiful day, let’s go to Eisenhower Park and take a walk.”

Yes, our local parks are open, so long as we maintain social distancing.


Who is that masked man?


Spring is in the air, and everything is blooming.

Here’s a picture of the lake.



The 9/11 Memorial.



And the Veterans memorial.






Today’s wildlife included ducks, turtles and a goose.













Nassau County’s finest were on patrol.





We also walked over to the Rose Garden, a place for quiet contemplation.  There’s a labyrinth for meditation.  And I love the old Tudor buildings, remnants of the Salisbury Country Club that occupied this space before it became a public park.













Overall a great walk.  We will likely do it again next weekend.



























Comments

  1. I had to look up Eisenhower Park. Interesting history. Its plantings are beautiful, but now I know one reason why it holds interest to you, given that you were part of the crowd waiting for Harry Chapin to perform that tragic day he lost his life. I read that it is bigger than Central Park in my native New York City. Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It’s a beautiful park. And yes, it holds a lot of local history. As you noted, I was there the night Harry Chapin died.

      Delete
  2. That goose--or maybe they are different geese--is getting fat. Lots to see at the park. I liked the turtle "stairway."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just one goose. But yes, those turtle stairs are cool.

      Delete
  3. It good to get out for some fresh air.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the pictures of the trees in bloom!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to see your parks are open. It's nice to get out for a walk.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday